Here's the rules I've been told by my nominator: Earl B. Russell, @earlbrussell. It's an adventure on http://www.twitter.com/ so get your game piece in hand and follow these rules:
1. Go to your original manuscript, finished or not, and stop on either the 7th or 77th page.
2. Drop down to the 7th line. (Beginning to realize why it's called Lucky 7 Meme Award?)
3. Copy the next seven sentences or paragraphs. No editing. (If it's slanderous, then by all means don't put us all in a boiling kettle. Find another manuscript. If you've been an author for any stretch of time your nightstand or computer flashdrive is replete with oodles of starts that went at least seven pages before the inspiration bounced off a mental wall.)
4. Now for the fun part. Tag seven authors, giving twitter names, and tell them they've been nominated by you. Ask them to participate.
- Alexandra Lanc @AuthorLanc Florida USA multi-genre author
- Ali Atwood @aliwood1 Florida USA erotic paranormal and sci-fi romance
- Jamie Metcalf @wmetcalf Long Island NY USA Author Tony Gavel PI series
- Mark Dodge @markododge (world is guessed) Working on first novel.
- Chris McGoldrick @McGoldrickChris Orange County NY USA Working on first novel.
- Laura Pfundt @lauracatherinep Melbourne AUS Fantasy and YA author.
- Laurie J. Grove @LJGroveArts Portland OR USA Author The Icarus Files
"With the boy given to an EMT, Adolph paused halfway up the boat ramp concrete."